I could fix part of my problem: The formtools formwizard doc states for the
us of modelformsets:

'WizardView supports ModelForms
<http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/forms/modelforms/#module-django.forms.models>

and ModelFormSets
<http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/forms/modelforms/#model-formsets>.
Additionally to initial_dict
<http://django-formtools.readthedocs.org/en/latest/wizard.html#formtools.wizard.views.WizardView.initial_dict>,

the as_view()
<http://django-formtools.readthedocs.org/en/latest/wizard.html#formtools.wizard.views.WizardView.as_view>

method takes an instance_dict argument that should contain model instances
for steps based on ModelForm and querysets for steps based on ModelFormSet.'

For me this does not make to much sense: Why should I specify model
instances / querysets for steps basend on ModelForm / ModelFormSet? In the
case of ModelFormSet, FormView seems to prepopulate the formset with all
model instances from the database, causing half of my error above.
Why has this behavior been chosen? I don't get it...

Nevertheless, to fix this I added 'instance_dict = {'third':
Task.objects.none()}' to the JobWizard.

Still half of the error persists: Upon submitting the final
formwizard-form, the *last* form in the TaskFormSet produces a
'RelatedObjectDoesNotExist' error for Step ('Task has no step'), even
though it was preset by 'get_form_initial'. All other forms are saved
without a problem. So what is special about the last form in the formset?
Ugh...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/ee0855ff-cc96-4cc4-89bb-553e99df4044%40googlegroups.com.