Thank you for your response! I am trying to follow AJAX tutorials, and I
keep running into an issue with the URLConfs. My current admin and index
page use something like this:

urlpatterns = [
      url(r''^admin/', include(admin.site.urls)),
]

But the when implementing AJAX, everything has said to use something like
this:

urlpatterns = ('',
      url(r'^ajac$', 'views.ajax')
)

I have tried conforming one to the other format, and tried doing them in
separate entities, using a urlpatterns list and an extrapatterns list that
calls patterns. Neither actually worked, and I am unsure how to combine the
two.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/b63e2910-02aa-4bc6-8982-71b4ff6d3ddc%40googlegroups.com.