> Den 13/08/2015 kl. 04.09 skrev yakkades...@gmail.com:
>
> I'll run a test with the dict vs list+position counter. I know I saw a speed
> improvement but I can't remember if that was the only thing I changed.
>
> I'd have to change a lot of code if I change the DB scheme so I'm not wanting
> to create an intermediate table. I'm going to go down the SQL path.

The intermediate model doesn't change the DB schema in your case. A
models.ManyToManyField already implicitly creates a table in the DB to hold the
m2m relation. The intermediate model just makes this explicit.

The only thing this changes in your code is that you can't do
"my_datapoint.sensors.add(my_sensor)" anymore. You need to always create (and
delete) a DatapointSensorRel explicitly.

Erik

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/ABFA88FA-3D1F-42F8-A634-9E04C0C6DCD3%40cederstrand.dk.