> Only problem i can see with this, is what if you have different
> textarea's that you want to specify the dimensions of?
> I actually have a form with 3 textarea's but they can be the same size
> so it's not an issue right now. But i can imagine that not all
> textarea's are the same size.
> The style is used for all textarea's on that page.
> It's still not clear to me on how one would adjust the dimension of the
> individual textarea's.

Here's one solution:

When you write out your textarea, encapsulate it in a div element with
a class attribute. For example,

or

and so on.

Then, in your stylesheet, you can target those specific textarea
elements and give them different dimensions:

textarea {width: 25em; height: 10em;}
.small-size textarea {width: 10em; height: 2em;}
.medium-size textarea {width: 25em; height: 6em;}

This lets you easily target individual textareas in your CSS.