I'm not sure what type of reply or answer you are looking for.

Overhauling Django middleware as discussed on the developers mailing list
might be best in the long run.
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/django-developers/uW5Ogio8QBc/discussion

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/f4d70ee0-217e-4f35-9256-ada86df1d8a8%40googlegroups.com.