Hi,

I think there is a bug in how 'block' and 'include' template tags interact
in the Django Template Language. I have created a Gist showing this
issue: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/2627bb35955db77dbfaa

The order of the files in the Gist can be a bit confusing. I will explain
what I am trying to do here. I have a base template that defines two
blocks, one block directly, and one block within an included file. A child
template extends the base template and defines both the blocks. However, in
the rendered output the child is able to override only of the blocks. The
child template is unable to override the block defined in the include file.

My understand is that, a file and block included within a parent template
should be considered a part of the parent. However, that does not seem to
be the case.

Thanks,
Suriya

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/e133b1b0-12aa-4496-84ec-f76dab24bc28%40googlegroups.com.