> On Sep 14, 2015, at 21:12, sum abiut <suab...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> Can someone please point me to right direction. I am trying to extract data
> from an existing  ms sql database. i just need some direction to get started.

If you are trying to port your data from MySQL to Postgres, you may be able to
use a combination of scripts available in Postgres and some alter table
commands to get the datatypes to match up with what Django expects. Some
columns will need to be converted by hand I would guess (e.g. date/time types?).

If you are just trying to pull some data from some tables, you might find that
using python is helpful (the library for Postgres is great for sucking in data;
not sure about the feature set for the MySQL python library).

hth

- Tom

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/54EC97DA-B170-4AC8-A939-62B1652294B6%40gmail.com.