Hi,
Thanks for the advice.

I actually found that just after writing my post. Now the cron job works perfectly.

Thanks,

On 10/14/2015 3:26 PM, Vijay Khemlani wrote:
The easiest way would be using a custom management command

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/howto/custom-management-commands/

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 10:53 AM, 'Chris Norman' via Django users <django-users@googlegroups.com <mailto:django-users@googlegroups.com>> wrote:

    Hi again,
    I would like to set up a cron job to email the day's journeys to a
    pre-defined set of email addresses, using the model I described in
    the previous example.

    I have it so I can type:

    python manage.py shell
    import journey_sender

    This does everything.

    Thing is, I would like to use the server's cron demon to do this,
    so I can't work it in the way I just described. I tried using
    combinations of pipe characters, but to no avail.

    Is there some way I can programatically simulate the shell yielded
    by manage.py? Or is there a smarter way of running the cron job
    from within Django it's self?

    Thanks in advance,

    Groups "Django users" group.
    send an email to django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:django-users%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
    <mailto:django-users@googlegroups.com>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/561E5E70.3060901%40googlemail.com.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com <mailto:django-users@googlegroups.com>.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CALn3ei1wGy6WdBeOoM7KULuLQ45wtDXEsVX0NRExfruuTe8W8g%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CALn3ei1wGy6WdBeOoM7KULuLQ45wtDXEsVX0NRExfruuTe8W8g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/561E7877.8080706%40googlemail.com.