Hi --

I'm building a scheduling app for my burning man camp.  There are seven
days (Mon-Sun), and each day has two meals, and people can sign up for the
available shifts.

Here's my table:

class mealShifts(models.Model):
Sunday = "Sunday"
Monday = "Monday"
Tuesday = "Tuesday"
Wednesday = "Wednesday"
Thursday = "Thursday"
Friday = "Friday"
Days = (
(Sunday, "Sunday"),
(Monday, "Monday"),
(Tuesday, "Tuesday"),
(Wednesday, "Wednesday"),
(Thursday, "Thursday"),
(Friday, "Friday"),
)
Breakfast = "Breakfast"
Dinner = "Dinner"
Meals = (
(Breakfast, "Breakfast"),
(Dinner, "Dinner"),
)
Chef = "Chef"
Sous_Chef = "Sous-Chef"
KP ="KP"
Shifts = (
(Chef, "Chef"),
(Sous_Chef, "Sous_Chef"),
(KP, "KP"),
)
assigned = models.BooleanField(default=False)
day = models.CharField(max_length = 10, choices=Days, default=Sunday)
meal = models.CharField(max_length = 10, choices=Meals, default=Dinner)
shift = models.CharField(max_length = 10, choices=Shifts, default=KP)
camper = models.OneToOneField(User)

class Meta:
unique_together = ("day", "meal", "shift")

def __str__(self):
return '%s %s %s %s'%(self.day, self.meal, self.shift, self.camper)

And my views function:

def signup(request):

shifts = mealShifts.objects.all()

username = None

if not request.user.is_authenticated():

return

if request.method == 'POST':

form = MealForm(request.POST)

if form.is_valid():

shift = form.save(commit=False)

shift.camper = request.user

shift.save()

return redirect('signup')

else:

form = MealForm()

return render_to_response('signup.html',

RequestContext(request, {'form':form,'shifts':shifts,
'username':username},))

And here's the part of the template that displays the shifts:

<h2>Shifts</h2>

<ul>

{% for shift in shifts %}

<li>{{shift.camper}} {{shift.day}} {{ shift.meal }} </li>

{% endfor %}

</ul>

How can I display the data in the template so the shifts are sorted by day,
and then by meal?

Thank you,

Becka

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/3f3144db-8efc-4630-8911-7dbb25da488d%40googlegroups.com.