I have my own custom User model, and its own Manger too.

Models:

class MyUser(AbstractBaseUser, PermissionsMixin):
    email = models.EmailField(max_length=255, unique=True)
    first_name = models.CharField(max_length=35)
    last_name = models.CharField(max_length=35)
    username = models.CharField(max_length=70, unique=True)
    date_of_birth = models.DateField()
    is_active = models.BooleanField(default=True)
    is_admin = models.BooleanField(default=False)

    @property
    def is_staff(self):
        return self.is_admin

    def get_full_name(self):
        return ('%s %s') % (self.first_name, self.last_name)

    def get_short_name(self):
        return self.username

    objects = MyUserManager()
    USERNAME_FIELD = 'email'
    REQUIRED_FIELDS = ['first_name', 'last_name', 'username',
'date_of_birth']

Manager:

class MyUserManager(BaseUserManager):
    def create_user(self, email, first_name, last_name, username,
date_of_birth, password=None, **kwargs):
        if not email:
            raise ValueError('User must have an email address')

        user = self.model(
            email=self.normalize_email(email),
            first_name=first_name,
            last_name=last_name,
            username=username,
            date_of_birth=date_of_birth,
            **kwargs
        )
        user.set_password(self.cleaned_data["password"])
        user.save(using=self._db)
        return user

    def create_superuser(self, email, first_name, last_name, username,
date_of_birth, password, **kwargs):
        user = self.create_user(
            email,
            first_name=first_name,
            last_name=last_name,
            username=username,
            date_of_birth=date_of_birth,
            password=password,
            is_superuser=True,
            **kwargs
        )
        user.is_admin = True
        user.save(using=self._db)
        return user

Everything works when creating a new user without any errors. But when I
try to login I can't. So I checked the user's email and password to
confirm. Then I noticed that the password is displayed as plain text (eg.
*strongpassword)*, and when changed the admin form to get the hashed
password using *ReadOnlyPasswordHashField()* I get an error inside the
password field, even though I used *set_password()* for the Manger inside
the *create_user()* function.

*Invalid password format or unknown hashing algorithm*

However, if I manually do *set_password('strongpassword')* for that user
inside the console, then only the password is hashed. Could you please help
me solve this problem. Thank you.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAM4YLWJNGdSj-rVAuhta_UA50Cjna8zg-c14FPxK%3DtdU49mngQ%40mail.gmail.com.