Hi Jorgue,

You can simply define a `list_display` method
<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/ref/contrib/admin/#django.contrib.admin.ModelAdmin.list_display>

that truncates your text if required and append an ellipsis.

e.g.

class FooAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin):
    list_display = ['text_field_ellipsis']

    def text_field_ellipsis(self, obj):
        if len(obj.text_field) > max_length:
            return "%s..." % obj.text_field[:max_length]
        return obj.text_field

Cheers,
Simon

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/f86671ca-0645-4567-a3b2-1372d55f7308%40googlegroups.com.