I'm attempting to squash migrations on my Django 1.8 project and am running
into a mess of circular dependencies. The docs suggest in this case to "break
out one of the ForeignKeys in the circular dependency loop into a separate
migration, and move the dependency on the other app with it." [1]

I was able to successfully do this, but that presents another problem: now I
have an additional migration which Django attempts to run but fails because
it's trying to run commands that have already been run and runs into duplicate
column errors.

I realize I could --fake the necessary migrations, but that means manual
intervention in every environment this is deployed to. Is there some other way
I can do this? Or is the only solution to add the extra migration then --fake
it everywhere?

_Nik

[1]
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/topics/migrations/#squashing-migrations