Hi,

I've been tryign to understand this for a while, and am pretty stuck.  I've
googled extensively.

My form currently allows me to add items to teh datatable.

I want to be able to, in the same template, edit each row.  I put a button
in each table row, and I want to get the pk for the item in that row, and
then edit that item.  I don't understand how this is done. I've tried
declaring an instance, but I got lost in the fog after that.  Thanks so
much.  Code is below.

I have a basic modelform:

*models:*

class Inventory(models.Model):
item = models.CharField(max_length=20, blank=True)
needs_repairs = models.BooleanField(default=True)
date = models.DateTimeField(auto_now_add=True, blank=True)

def __str__(self):
return '%s %s'%(self.item, self.needs_repairs)

*views*

def inventory(request):
    model = Inventory
    stuff = Inventory.objects.all()
   form = InventoryForm(data = request.POST)
    if request.method == "POST":

        if form.is_valid():
            obj = form.save(commit=False)
            obj.save()

    else:
        form = InventoryForm()
    context = RequestContext(request)
    return render_to_response('inventory.html', {
            'form':form, 'stuff':stuff
            }, RequestContext(request))

*forms*

class InventoryForm(ModelForm):
    class Meta:
        model = Inventory
        fields = '__all__'

*template*

<h2>Truck Inventory </h2>
<thead>
</thead>
{% for things in stuff %}
<form method="post">
           {% csrf_token %}
           <input type="submit" value="edit or remove me">
       </form>
{% endfor %}

<h2>Add stuff</h2>
<form action="" method="post">