On Sunday, December 13, 2015 at 8:17:15 AM UTC-8, Gary Roach wrote:

> As I mentioned earlier, venv and virtualenv do not work the same. There
> may be a way to force venv to  put the files in a different place but the
> default is to put them in the directory just above the start of the project
> not in a separate .virtualenv file. So a different directory is not an
> option.

The venv docs <https://docs.python.org/3/library/venv.html> say that the
process of creating a new virtual environment is just:

pyvenv /path/to/new/virtual/environment

It's not a matter of "forcing" the creation of the environment dir
somewhere. If you are intentionally putting your project code in the same
dir tree with the environment, you have a recipe for chaos. Again, there
should be no need to .git exclude anything.

./s

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/117573f1-d6fd-431e-ac6f-b821ae2463ab%40googlegroups.com.