On Jan 25, 2016 1:05 PM, "moon jo" <moon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using django 1.6.10
> I finished the polls tutorial and tried to create my own project.
> I tried to runserver and it gives me the import error. But it's a blank
project, haven't added anything in the settings.
> When I do import settings form django.conf and print
settings.INSTALLED_APPS, it prints this:

> ('django.contrib.auth', 'django.contrib.contenttypes',
'django.contrib.sessions', 'django.contrib.sites',
'django.contrib.messages', 'django.contrib.staticfiles',
'django.contrib.admin', 'polls')

> Where is that 'polls' coming from? Every project I create, I get the same
error, they're looking for the 'polls' app.

Firstly, 1.6 is EoL, please upgrade your Django installation to a supported
version (>=1.8).

Django will not add this app to your settings.py on its own. Either you are
not using the official Django distribution, or something else is going on.
You are creating a new project with 'django-admin startproject
<projectname>' right?

-James

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2Be%2BciUjxBKM-nm-CsWMxGiO9q%2BeBdoLqY1TtomLj984-4Hpqg%40mail.gmail.com.