> So my question is, can I make this random ID the primary key of the User
model? I don't want users to have 2 ids - one for Django and one of Speedy
Net, it doesn't make sense. I want the id to be the same and unique. I also
want to have an Id model to prevent a page and a user (for example) to have
the same ID. And a Username model to prevent them from having the same
username. Is it possible to do it with Django 1.9.2?

Rather than coming up with some arbitrary numbering scheme that will be
difficult to manage, you should really just be using a UUID field, which
provides the same benefits and can be used as the PK quite easily. Projects
with large numbers of rows often go this route, since there is effectively
an unlimited number of UUID's.

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.9/ref/models/fields/#uuidfield

If you can, use Postgres as your backend DB, since it has native support
for UUID's, other DB's will simply treat them as CharFields, which will
still work but is slightly less efficient.

-James

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2Be%2BciV-O_LLcZ86rpT3_VbHM8aLXDLjocVw92SHtUuCg43wAA%40mail.gmail.com.