I have just set up a blog using the helpful tutorial over at
http://fallingbullets.com/blog/2006/aug/06/wordpress-clone-27-seconds...

and now I am looking to do a little customization.

I am completely new to Django and Python, so if this question seems
simple, forgive my niavete. Here is the code I have for the main page
of the blog:

{% extends "base.html" %}

{% block title %}Latest Blog Entries{% endblock %}

{% block content %}
    <h1>Latest Blog Entries</h1>

    <ol id="object-list">
        {% for object in latest %}
            <li>
                <h2><a href="{{ object.get_absolute_url

}}">{{ object.title|escape }}</a></h2>

object.pub_date|date:"F j, Y" }}</p>
}}</p>

            </li>

        {% endfor %}
    </ol>
{% endblock %}

Instead of just having this list of blog entries, it would be great if
I could have two different calls, one that asked for the most recent
post and then a second that would list the rest of the posts. I want to
style the first post in a completely different manner than the rest. Is
there a simple way to do this?