That's a good question.  I'd rather write it in python, but if it runs
daily on non-trivial tables, I suspect that performance is better with a
script that gets the DB to produce the dump files, maybe onto a NAS.  The
restore part should be a lot less frequent, so performance is probably less
important.  You may have to clean up old DB content for that user before
the restore.  So I might write the restore in python.  But then, I've never
written DB PL, so I could be missing a bet.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAB%2BAj0vjVnA8Fmr%3DgvkEff7o%2ByTA8Ng95BA7Pss3vYcA8pQRAg%40mail.gmail.com.