On 11/5/06, Matt Culbreth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So, based on this, my initial leaning had been to go to TurboGears.  My
> thoughts were that the application is not interested in content
> management or display, and that I'd like to use a bit of AJAX goodies
> here and there.
>
> Any different take on this?  Is Django a fit here and I'm not seeing
> it?

Hey Matt,

Django would definitely be a great fit for that. I'm not sure how you
got the impression TurboGears would be better, but I suspect your
impression has been colored by marketing rather than by cold, hard
facts.

Regarding the implication in your posting that Django is only suited
for content management, I'd encourage you to check out this FAQ
answer:

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/faq/#is-django-a-content-management-system-cms

My suggestion would be to build a quick application with both
frameworks and use the one that feels more natural to you. Both
frameworks will let you get the job done, but they have different
philosophies. TurboGears' philosophy is closer to that of Linux,
valuing the interoperability of obscure parts at almost a
religious/political level, with predictable results in terms of
usability and elegance. Django's philosophy is closer to that of a
Mac, which values usability, productivity and a great user experience
while allowing for a fair amount of flexibility under the hood.

At the end of the day, it's a personal decision. Good luck!

Adrian

--
Adrian Holovaty
holovaty.com | djangoproject.com