[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm using django.views.generic.list_detail.object_detail to show a
> page. Beside text it has optional "leftmenu" field. What I want to do
> is to show it in a html block if it exists (there is somethign in
> "leftmenu"). The problem is that it shows always or never.
>
> I have:
> ###################
> {% if object.leftmenu %}
> {% block leftmenu %}
> {{ object.leftmenu|restructuredtext }}
> {% endblock %}
> {% endif %}
> And it shows always.

This might be or might not be the case but what is definitely wrong here
is that all content in a template extending some parent template should
go inside {% block %}. Put your {% if %} like this:

     {% block leftmenu %}
     {% if object.leftmenu %}
     {% endif %}
     {% endblock %}

I believe that the other way around {% if %} is just ignored...