I can't help at all with jquery but IIRC there is a question in the Admin "Are you sure?" when you try deleting something from a list view.

Might be a start

Mike

On 10/06/2016 1:06 AM, Olivier Dalang wrote:
Hi !

I'm using several modules that rely on jQuery, and have some own needs
as well :

    - admin
    - grappelli
    - autocomplete light
    - session security

I also see that there are tons of different variables that reference
jQuery, defined by theses modules, some of which are the same, and some
of which are not :

    $
    jQuery
    django.jQuery
    grp.jQuery
    yl.jQuery

I also see django uses this type of syntax which seems to deal about
dependecies and clonflicts, but is very cryptic to me (unfortunately
such a problem is very hard to google) :

    /*global DateTimeShortcuts, SelectFilter*/
    (function($) {
    Â  Â  'use strict';
    Â  Â  ....
    })(django.jQuery);

Being a javascript ignorant, up to now, each time I had some javascript
exceptions because of jQuery conflicts/undefined, I hacked a bit
randomly until the exception disappeared, but I never understood the
logic behind this.

I'd love some guidance, as my project grows more and more complex, and
hacking randomly doesn't shine as a particularly good long term strategy.

As partical example, what would be a clean way to add jQuery.AreYouSure
<https://github.com/codedance/jquery.AreYouSure>Â to the django admin
forms ?

Is there some documentation or guidelines that explain best practices ?
Or is it indeed a mess and not just me not understanding ?

Thanks !

Olivier

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAExk7p2eggp9rTviqo%2BQ%3DUhprxoLPJ4kWeP7Z_sx0xjZY%3DSVqA%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAExk7p2eggp9rTviqo%2BQ%3DUhprxoLPJ4kWeP7Z_sx0xjZY%3DSVqA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.