Carl Holm wrote:
> Thanks. I should clarify that I am looking for the string "Site
> administration" which I did not find in the base_site.html
> template. Is should also mention that I am running the dev version.

You are right, "Site administration" is not coming (directly) from any
of the admin templates.  It is being set as the template context
variable "title" in the index function in admin's main.py:

def index(request):
    return render_to_response('admin/index.html', {'title': _('Site
administration')}, context_instance=template.RequestContext(request))

The default contents of the template block content_title (specified in
admin's base.html template) is then wrapping the title value, if set,
in an h1 tag:

        {% block content_title %}{% if title %}<h1>{{ title|escape
}}</h1>{% endif %}{% endblock %}

So it's coming from the admin code via the base.html template.

Karen