Thanks!

I am trying to make lighttpd spawn the fcgi django processes using
bin-path but there seems to be a problem. Here is my setup:

fastcgi.server = (
    "/myproject.fcgi" => (
        "main" => (
            # Use host / port instead of socket for TCP fastcgi
             "host" => "127.0.0.1",
             "port" => 3033,
            #"socket" => "/home/user/mysite.sock",
            "check-local" => "disable",
            "bin-path" => "/home/path/to/myproject/start.sh",
            "min-procs" => 1,
            "max-procs" => 1,
            "max-load-per-proc" => 0,
            "idle-timeout" => 0
        )
    ),
)

Any ideas ?

Anyway, I made my first shell script to easily type start/stop to
start/stop the fcgi server:

start.sh
=========
PROJECTNAME=myproject
echo Starting $PROJECTNAME ...
DIR=`dirname $0`
exec $DIR/manage.py runfcgi method=prefork host=127.0.0.1 \
     port=3033 maxrequests=50 maxchildren=8 maxspare=3 minspare=1 \
     pidfile=/var/run/$PROJECTNAME.pid

==========

stop.sh
=========
#!/bin/bash
PROJECTNAME=myproject
echo Stopping $PROJECTNAME ...

kill `cat /var/run/$PROJECTNAME.pid`
rm -f /var/run/$PROJECTNAME.pid
=========

I'm sure they can be more sophisticated... But they work for me. If
anyone can spot glaring omissions, stupid mistakes, easy improvements,
fire breathing dragons etc. let me know! Probably they can be included
to the django project templates after some tweaking, no ? Make it easy
for newbies (like me) to start the fcgi server in a new project.