Thanks!

The models and urls are exactly the same as in the example in this
link.

http://fallingbullets.com/blog/2006/aug/06/wordpress-clone-27-seconds-part-1-40/

Actually my original models and project is different. But even the
example in the above popular tutorial fails on my desktop.

I have used the code from the zip file given at end of the article.
Ditto. Even that does not work.

I tried the example withy both sqlite and mysql. I did not touch the
code except the settings file where I added a database and modified the
address of the Templates folder to a folder where I had stored the
templates with base.html and the app_name folder ( in this case blog)
inside the templates directory.

Everything works perfectly except the Generic views.

It throws a 404 error stating that there are no entrys. But there are
and I can physically see that using select * from the database tables.
If I alter the code and write a physical view it works perfectly.

Even the URL views are correct. It is just that generic views does not
work

This is indeed puzzling.

Keith