On Jul 2, 2016 7:23 AM, "M Hashmi" <mhashmi1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am working on my Checkout view with regular/guest user but getting hard
time to come around the integrity error. Idea is to let guest users
register with email only to checkout and I need to set the user email
unique.

> models.py
>
> from django.conf import settings
> from django.db import models
>
> class UserCheckout(models.Model):
>     user = models.OneToOneField(settings.AUTH_USER_MODEL, null=True,
blank=True)
>     email = models.EmailField(unique=True)
>
>     def __unicode__(self):
>         return self.email
>

> forms.py
>

> from django import forms
> from django.contrib.auth import get_user_model
>
> User=get_user_model()
> class GuestCheckoutForm(forms.Form):
>     email = forms.EmailField()
>     email2 = forms.EmailField(label='Verify Email')
>     def clean_email2(self):
>         email = self.cleaned_data.get("email")
>         email2 = self.cleaned_data.get("email2")
>         if email == email2:
>             user_exists = User.objects.filter(email=email).count()
>             if user_exists != 0:

This should probably be

if UserCheckout.objects.filter(email=email).exists():

Do not use count() for checking whether or not a record exists. You are
also checking against User objects, and not against UserCheckout objects,
which doesn't make any sense based on the code you've posted.

>                 raise forms.ValidationError("User already exists. Please
login instead")
>             return email2
>         else:
>             raise forms.ValidationError("Please confirm emails addresses
are the same.")

> In my cart views this is how I've rendered my form.
>

> def post(self, request, *args, **kwargs):
>         self.object = self.get_object()
>         form = self.get_form()
>         if form.is_valid():
>             email = form.cleaned_data.get("email")
>             user_checkout = UserCheckout.objects.create(email=email)

Here is where the actual error is coming from. Your validation only checks
User for a unique email constraint, but then you create a UserCheckout
object without first checking the unique email constraint for UserCheckout.

>             return self.form_valid(form)
>         else:
>             return self.form_invalid(form)
>

> I've registered the model with admin and in admin it shows the error for
duplication perfectly fine but from frontend I am getting error below:

> IntegrityError at /checkout/
> column email is not unique
> Request Method: POST
> Request URL:    http://localhost:8000/checkout/
> Django Version: 1.8.13
> Exception Type: IntegrityError
> Exception Value:
> column email is not unique
> Exception Location:
C:\Users\Ali\ecomm\lib\site-packages\django\db\backends\sqlite3\base.py in
execute, line 318
> Python Executable:  C:\Users\Ali\ecomm\Scripts\python.EXE
> Python Version: 2.7.9

You'll only get this error if a user checks out using an email address that
matches an existing user, not an existing email that's been used to check
out before.

Is the intention to create both UserCheckout and User objects (which can
log in) through this process?

-James

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2Be%2BciVbUJ_P0jFAeybUZPifEsbO7sE%3Dz%3DSU9%2BACdfDb_PX49g%40mail.gmail.com.