Waited as long as I thought I could to hear from you. So here's my result:

(cannon)malikarumi@Tetuoan2:~/Projects/cannon/jamf$ python manage.py
makemigrations --merge

Traceback (most recent call last):

…

raise ValueError("Could not find common ancestor of %s" % migration_names)

ValueError: Could not find common ancestor of set([u'0002_profile',
u'0001_user'])

(...so I re-merged them back into a single document...)

(cannon)malikarumi@Tetuoan2:~/Projects/cannon/jamf$ python manage.py
makemigrations account
No changes detected in app 'account'
(cannon)malikarumi@Tetuoan2:~/Projects/cannon/jamf$ python manage.py migrate
Operations to perform:
  Apply all migrations: admin, account, contenttypes, auth, sessions
Running migrations:
  Rendering model states... DONE
  Applying account.0001_initial... OK
The following content types are stale and need to be deleted:

    auth | user

Any objects related to these content types by a foreign key will also
be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these content types?
If you're unsure, answer 'no'.

    Type 'yes' to continue, or 'no' to cancel: no
(cannon)malikarumi@Tetuoan2:~/Projects/cannon/jamf$

I thought you should be aware of these differing results.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/be050074-7844-47d8-8e24-03bb85e73053%40googlegroups.com.