I am writing an application for my small business based in India, where
numbers are commonly understood in terms of lakhs and crores.

ie. 1,000,000 is displayed as 10,00,000

I am assuming that enabling localization will cause numbers to display this
way when I am viewing my application from an Indian server. However, I
would also like to view the data this way when I am in the United States.
Is it possible to force localization to a particular regional standard, no
matter where I am viewing the page from?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/604036bf-2557-4c63-8718-3950dd89010f%40googlegroups.com.