I've had a lot of success interacting with the command-line by using the 'sh'
module: http://amoffat.github.io/sh/ It's extremely simple but allows a lot of
advanced features when you need them.

I'm not on a system where fs_cli is avaliable, but you should be able to just
do:

from sh import fs_cli
result = fs_cli('-x')

And put that somewhere useful in your Django code, e.g. in a view or a
management command.

Erik

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/114B7906-583D-4E5A-9348-05A34A961DF6%40cederstrand.dk.