The django web site suggests that new projects use python3 unless required
dependencies are not yet available for that version. I've no idea what
python dependencies I'll need for this job.

  What I want to do is convert an abandoned php application (last upgraded a
decade ago) to django. The application is XRMS, an open source CRM (client
relationship manangement tool in my case) that is perhaps the only one that
supposedly supported postgresql via adodb. What I learned over the weekend
is that I cannot even install it and cannot find the reason why it's not
connecting to the db back end.

  A posting on a forum thread from 2007 reported that postgres was not
supported unless all extensions (none of which I need) are installed, and
all those extensions are hard coded for mysql. I have source code, schema,
and a very full set of docs; suprizingly complete.

  I suppose there's no reason to not use python-2.7.5 installed here for
this project, unless you advise me otherwise. I also need some advice and
guidance on how to proceed on creating a django application from the php
source files.

TIA,

Rich