Jacob Kaplan-Moss wrote:
> Hey Bill --
>
> *Great* question.  We've talked a few times to newspapers who cross-publish
> (usually in English and Spanish), and at least in the news industry there's
> pretty much nothing that makes that process easy.  I would absolutely love to
> have a standard way of doing translatable content in Django; I think it would
> really set Django well ahead of a lot of other tools out there.
>
> Perhaps if there's enough interest we should form a small sub-group and try
> come up with something?  I've certainly got ideas about how it might work,
> but
> it would at least be fun to bounce those ideas off smart people...

Yep, I'd love to? Btw, there's a related thread here from yesterday,
which I just came across:

http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/63f985429ebf4056/e7ce450fff8f7b49#e7ce450fff8f7b49

Ivan Sagalev has code sketches, and Frankie Robertson pointed at this:

http://trac.studioquattro.biz/djangoutils/wiki/TranslationService

which I hadn't seen before; looks like it leverages the gettext
machinery for translations.

cheers
Bill