One thing I'd add to this is that I could never work without runserver
because I tend to use ipdb a *lot* while debugging any problems. For me the
best way to debug is to put import ipdb; ipdb.set_trace() in my code and
just start debugging from the command line. Having uwsgi or any other kind
of server running my Django code takes away that ability, and I'd be in
hell trying to figure out errors without that.

Just my 2 cents.

Asad Jibran Ahmed <surfer...@gmail.com>
http://blog.asadjb.com

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 9:24 PM, Andreas Kuhne <andreas.ku...@suitopia.com>
wrote:

> com>:
>
>> Interestingly enough, just this morning, after a couple times being
>> bitten with differences in behavior between use of runserver in development
>> vs. wsgi in production, I've decided to do all development on my local
>> machine under lighttpd.  In the process of (mis?)configuring it now.
>>
>> I'm pretty thoroughly convinced that using runserver isn't such a good
>> idea, nor is it particularly useful.  Development I've done under Eclipse
>> and MS VisualStudio in the past did initial local unit testing on a local
>> server; there is ample precedent for this approach.  And, it is best
>> practice to make the development environment as close to the same as the
>> production environment as possible.
>>
>> In retrospect, I'm surprised I ever used runserver...
>>
>> On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 12:25:52 AM UTC-7, Lekan Wahab wrote:
>>>
>>> Good morning,
>>> I was recently given  a django project to manage at work.
>>> However, i noticed the project has neither a django-admin.py or a
>>> manage.py file.
>>> Is that normal?
>>> If it is, how do i run the project on my local machine for testing
>>> purposes?
>>>
>>> The file structure is something like this:
>>> Project Name
>>> app1
>>> app2
>>> app3