You have a few solution. You already excluded the user downloading the
full document. You can display the document directly in your page,
with solution like pdfjs, or you can extract the individual image from
the document on your server and display directly the image.

If you show the pdf, I fear your only solution is that the user
download the whole document in their browser. Same problem as with
downloading the full document. A solution would be to split the
document into individual page.

> Hi all,
>
> I am working on a project where I need to serve up large (100 -150 MB)
> static pdf files for viewing. The pdf files are jpg photos of pages from old
> log books. Downloading into the user's system is out of the question for
> obvious reasons. In addition the user may only need to see one or two pages
> out of a document. I plan on putting the static files in their own directory
> outside of the django programming and the postgresql database. I have looked
> at several addons to django but can't seem to get a "feel" for the whole
> problem. Has anyone had a similar problem and do they have a good solution .
>
> All help will be sincerely appreciated.
>
> OS Debian Linux
> Desktop KDE4
> Python 3.5