On Sep 18, 2016 4:01 AM, "Ali khan" <alipathan123...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have two different apps and applying filters by ForeignKey and as
newbie I am not able to understand how it works.

> My Order App:
>           ORDER_STATUS_CHOICES={
>           ('created','Created'),
>           ('paid','Paid'),
>           }
>>
>> class Order(models.Model):
>>     status = models.CharField(max_length=120,
choices=ORDER_STATUS_CHOICES, default='created')
>>     cart = models.ForeignKey(Cart)
>>     user = models.ForeignKey(UserCheckout, null=True)
>>     billing_address = models.ForeignKey(UserAddress,
related_name='billing_address', null=True)
>>     shipping_address = models.ForeignKey(UserAddress,
related_name='shipping_address', null=True)
>>     shipping_total_price = models.DecimalField(max_digits=50,
decimal_places=2, default=5.99)

>>     order_total = models.DecimalField(max_digits=50, decimal_places=2, )
>>     order_id = models.CharField(max_length=20, null=True, blank=True)
>>     paymethod = models.CharField(max_length=120, choices=CHOICES,
default='CreditCard')

>>   My seller's app:
>>
>>  class Seller(models.Model):
>>     user = models.ForeignKey(settings.AUTH_USER_MODEL)
>>     managers = models.ManyToManyField(settings.AUTH_USER_MODEL,
related_name="manager_sellers", blank=True)
>>     active = models.BooleanField(default=False)
>>     timestamp = models.DateTimeField(auto_now_add=True, auto_now=False)
>
> I am trying to keep all the filters in mixin.py so I can call and use as
per need. Following is the function and I can't filter orders by user who
is the seller.

> def sold(self):
>         user = self.Seller.user
>         order = Seller.objects.filter(user=user)
>         return order

There is no relationship between the Order and the Seller, so you can't
filter the Order's based on a specific Seller. You probably want to add a
FK from Order to Seller.

> Please advise.
>
> --

I'm a bit confused. Are you trying to filter based on kwarg arguments
captured through your urls.py, or via GET/POST parameters provided by a
form, or just trying to limit the scope of available objects that a
specific user can see?

Everything you've shown here is a model (not an app). Filtering is
generally performed either in the views, and/or in the model managers. Can
you provide the views and possibly mixins?

If you have existing filters that aren't working, please post up that code
along with any trace backs.

-James

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2Be%2BciWOPXqojqzt36j4pxL2G3AN2-R9MRJ9MecskLqkLhs%2BKg%40mail.gmail.com.