Hi all,

I quickly skimmed into the group but i did not find an updated answer.

what i want to do is to have a database for each user that register to my
service, the structure of the databse is the same for all, the data are
just separated.
I want to do this for two reasons:
- be able to move database of users from place to place
- be able to dump and restore single user databases

As far as i understood, the connection settings could allow this, but it
must be dynamic and not bind to the setting, basically the flow should be:

- user register (still haven't decided if users registered all falls in the
same database, probably easier)
- i create a database within postgres, maybe using his id/pk/clientId (like
if i set the "name" in the database setting), something like a syncdb where
db name is the user id
- all the query data of that user are routed to his db
- (next step is to separate each of these database to diffrente postgres
machines, but from time being it's all in one machine)

is this even possible? is it out of mind/dangerous to do?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/39aa5b0e-631c-44f0-8b95-f70ae6566339%40googlegroups.com.