On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 15:49 -0600, James Bennett wrote:
> On 11/9/06, Nathan Yergler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >    class Meta:
> >       app_label = 'app_name'
>
> Yeah, that's a huge wart that comes out of the way the metasystem
> works right now. Anybody got ideas for something better?

Is it just used to determine which application the model belongs to?  I
see in django.db.models.base the code looks for app_label and if it
doesn't exist goes one level up the hierarchy and assigns it.

What about just walking up the hierarchy until we find a package name
that's in INSTALLED_APPS?  Am I missing an additional purpose for the
app_label?  I can write a patch if that'd be helpful...

Nathan