On Wednesday 09 November 2016 13:59:35 Mike Dewhirst wrote:
> On 9/11/2016 9:13 AM, Tim Graham wrote:
> > Interesting idea. I'd be interested to here more about the use case.
>
> Simple. I permitted my users to "play" on the staging site and now one
> of them wants to transfer their work to the production site.

Your approach is wrong. You think of this as one django project and
trying to cheat under the hood, while in fact they are two different
projects. And by design, staging is not always structually identical to
production.

Your best approach is to use serialization with natural keys and a job
scheduler. Cron will do, but there's plenty other schemes allowing you
to provide feedback about the job queue and expected time of completion.
--
Melvyn Sopacua

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/1646548.Z956crW7yG%40devstation.