Mmm why not just download Jquery and create a folder called static inside
one controlled app, maybe pone inside the project.

If you want, you can use django admin jquery but $ is not available because
django use django.JQuery for prevent conflict with custom user jquery

El jueves, 10 de noviembre de 2016, Gary Roach <gary719_li...@verizon.net>
escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry about the confusion. I misspoke. I was trying to imply that there
was a jquery.min.js file in the venv (djenv)  file. As you implied, it was
installed with pip django. A very bad choice of words.

> I am trying to set up my project so that I am not using a system version
of jquery since the system version is subject to change every time I update
my debian system (whiich I do about once a week). I suppose what I really
want to know is how do I get a "sequestered" version of jquery.min.js
installed.  I have tried to use a pointer to the copy in the djenv
directory (Eclipse allows this).  After doing this there is a file
jquery.min.sj shows up in my static file directory. Unfortunately, when I
do a runserver I still get a - "GET /static/jquery.min.js HTTP/1.1" 404
1652 - error. What's next?

> Gary R.
>
> On 11/09/2016 11:56 PM, Antonis Christofides wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> If, as you say, you "have a jquery file under version control inside
[your]
>> virtual environment wrapper", I believe you are doing something wrong. We
>> normally don't put jquery files in virtualenv (although `pip install
django`
>> will do so), and we normally do not version control the virtualenv.
>>
>> If virtualenv is not clear to you, I'd propose to take a look at
>> http://djangodeployment.com/2016/11/01/virtualenv-demystified/ and then
re-ask
>> your question.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Antonis Christofides
>> http://djangodeployment.com
>>
>> On 2016-11-09 23:54, Gary Roach wrote:
>>>
>>> Ludovic
>>>
>>> Thank you for the reply but I know how to use static files. The problem
is
>>> that I already have a jquery file under version control inside my
virtual
>>> environment wrapper and do not wish to use an external file . Use of a
normal
>>> static file will open my application up to uncontrolled version shifts.
I want
>>> to know how to use the pip installed version of the jquery file if
possible.

>>> Gary R.

/home/gary/workspace/djenv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/static/admin/js/vendor/jquery/jquery.min.js

"djenv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/static/admin/js/vendor/jquery/jquery.min.js"</script>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/1b51ba33-73a7-63f1-1de2-a3ada145fbc5%40verizon.net
.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/c3697c2d-1980-9d06-3f7c-111e43440d00%40verizon.net
.

"La utopía sirve para caminar" Fernando Birri

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAG%2B5VyPqnZNCLUUF0exTbeDmOekawTj4ub%3DkOV_-uz4fo3x8hQ%40mail.gmail.com.