I am looking for advice on best practices.

I have an intranet application running (on Django) for which there is a process
that POSTs a request to print checks.  It is a POST because it creates entries
in the checks table but the result is a PDF file that the user can then print.
But, because I return a PDF file as an attachment to download, the browser stays
on the submit page.  It should really be redirected but I can not make it both
redirect and return a PDF for download... unless I am missing something.

So my solution is to make printing the checks a 2-step process:  "Create" brings
you to a page with a link to download the PDF.

Any thoughts on whether this is the "right" way to do this?  Thanks for any
advice.

Peace,
David S.