Thanks, Andrew. A few follow-up questions:

1. How would one go about increasing the default maximum queue size? I saw
some reference to this when I was researching the problem yesterday, but I
couldn't find the setting that would change it.

2. Shouldn't there be a way to resolve the backpressure by draining the
queue before allowing new messages to be written to it? It seems like
cutting the connection between client and server would exacerbate the
problem, rather than remedying it. In my particular case, it wouldn't be
that big if a block of messages were skipped. But closing the socket when
maximum queue size is reached seems to cause a cascade of problems.

Thanks for your response, and even more thanks for your work on this
project.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/c1fae713-5256-40fb-bf9d-38584b26d854%40googlegroups.com.