Hi,
You're right - a lot of the information only appears in the first "connect"
message. If you want to persist it, you can use a channel session:
http://channels.readthedocs.io/en/stable/getting-started.html#persisting-data

This will let you save information (such as the token, or even a User
object) into the session in the connect consumer, and then let you use it
in other consumers that have the same decorator.

Andrew

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAFwN1uqLaM6NJ1HiGwZA2b0jt_CxHah%3DO6HSk6dCfqyz_-Qsog%40mail.gmail.com.