After having troubles configuring a vps linux machine (and still
triying with another) I wonder if exist a effort to build a proper
installer for django.

When I say a installer, I mean a real one. The kind of installer that
know about dependencies and install it (if possible).

For example:

- Detect the base OS system and know if the installer is suported here
- Know where the paths are
- Know if is necesary install the client librarys for mysql or sqllite
or postgree
- Configure (or install) apache/lighttpd and make the setup in there
- Check things....

I have experiences in build fairly complex setup programs but for
windows, so I don't know how the thing work on the linux land.

I wanna do this if only for easy my pain in setup my next linux vps,
and not run by fail&error each command.

I think in use python, but python is a hard dependency ;) and I for the
experiece with centos I know that at least in this distro install a new
python is a real nightmare...

Any idea?