I think the only way you will be able to uniquely identify a computer is by
using a "permanent"  cookie. I find such practice very very intrusive and
it's something I will personally not do.

Meanwhile, IP addresses, cookies and the likes are good to identify
computers not users. If you really want to identify a user, you will have
to make them log in.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2BWjgXPU2S_PqrH7NZixps45TLNY0FxcqzpTe3StjJTXu%2BqdeA%40mail.gmail.com.