In one of my project I've used django-nvd3 (
https://github.com/areski/django-nvd3). It's a python/django abstraction
layer to d3.js.

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 12:03 PM, Melvyn Sopacua <m.r.sopa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Monday 06 March 2017 12:04:16 Vijay Khemlani wrote:
>
> > Rendering server-side charts is usually a mess, and the result
>
> > (usually a static image) is not as good as using a JS library.
>

> Well first - I count 10 of that grid without looking at details that use
> JS to render. So that's the majority. Secondly, even if we were rendering
> graphs at the server - that is a matter of choice each with its own pro's
> and cons.
>
> Yes, JS graphs, especially those that are canvas based have come a long
> way in rendering capabilities. But the quality for the end user is
> unpredictable as is the performance, whereas the server has predictable and
> manageable resources - what is more important is defined by the project
> requirements.
>

> Display quality of server side generated images may exceed JS rendered,
> depending on how far you're willing to take the rendering. The cost of
> sending a graph is that has not altered its data can be minimized with
> server side caching techniques such as nginx's proxy_store directive.
>

> > It also encourages separation of concerns between the frontend and
>
> > backend
>

> But there are concerns that are tied together:
>
> - the data, duh
>
> - graph type often depending on data
>
> - title, legend, labels
>

> All this is dictated by the content at the server and has to be injected
> into js via template rendering. The packages in that grid aim to do just
> that (and I cound 3 that use highcharts).
>
> --
>
> Melvyn Sopacua

> msgid/django-users/4339883.fqjLW2Zd6i%40devstation
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/4339883.fqjLW2Zd6i%40devstation?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

*Adolphe CHER-AIME*

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2BfkitLEDOrsajbaqThJH1RvL3QB5Kid12Onj4-LFMqZLMEO8A%40mail.gmail.com.