G'day,
Very new to Django, I'm trying to connect to an existing MySQL database
that I am not familiar with.  I used inspectDB to load up the database
models.py file, and am seeing these errors for some of the tables :

'id' can only be used as a field name if the field also sets
'primary_key=True'.

inspectDB gave me this :

class Access(models.Model):
    udid = models.CharField(max_length=40)
    id = models.IntegerField(db_column='ID')  # Field name made lowercase.
    access_date = models.DateField()
    access_type = models.CharField(max_length=40)
    version = models.CharField(max_length=20, blank=True, null=True)
    loginid = models.TextField(blank=True, null=True)

    class Meta:
        managed = False
        db_table = 'Access'

And the table looks like this :

CREATE TABLE `Access` (
  `udid` varchar(40) NOT NULL,
  `ID` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `access_date` date NOT NULL,
  `access_type` varchar(40) NOT NULL,
  `version` varchar(20) DEFAULT NULL,
  `loginid` text,
  KEY `udid_idx` (`udid`) USING HASH,
  KEY `udid_idx2` (`ID`,`udid`) USING HASH,
  KEY `udid_idx3` (`access_date`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

Is this something I need to set manually in models.py?  I'm not certain if
ID is a suitable primary key or not - if the primary key is udid, or if
it's a mashup of ID and udid, can I tell models.py about it and if so, how?
Pointers to relevant documentation much appreciated!

Thank you!

Carl

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/a5c4365a-10ec-4159-adc3-94d4ed94355a%40googlegroups.com.