On 2017-05-05 11:51, agajesh...@atompower.com wrote:
> I want to encrypt my sqlite3 database such that it cannot be
> accessed without a key. I came across "sqlcipher" tool which
> provides encryption for sqlite3 database, but I couldn't find
> enough support to make it work from django.
>
> It would be very helpful if someone can share thoughts on how to
> encrypt sqlite3 database and be able to access the encrypted
> version through django.

While there are other ideas presented in other replies to your email,
would it suffice to have an encrypted partition and put your database
on that partition? I configure my FreeBSD servers to be ZFS-on-GELI so
in the event the power goes out or the machine is rebooted, the
contents are unavailable until I enter the password on the console.

-tkc

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/20170506115628.00bd312e%40bigbox.christie.dr.