On May 20, 2017 8:33 PM, "djangorobert" <djangocharm2...@gmail.com> wrote:

hi james im going off of andrew godwins django channels example on github
the multi chat example and using Webfactions hosting services.
im  getting the error of the websocket being closed
I know your saying to maybe chaning it to wss instead of ws do you mean to
change it in the javascript that is in the django channels github for
multichat js file ?

TBH, I have no idea. I've never worked with channels. I was speaking more
from a broader web application experience and typical HTTP calls.

I highly doubt any code changes in the actual library are needed.

Does the Django runserver console  notice the incoming connection? It may
provide a clue or traceback. A brief overview of the docs indicates that
the Django processes proxies the connection to the channels workers, do is
imagine something would come up there. Beyond that I can't be much help.

-James

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2Be%2BciVNsdNb5znVMrM19egcoN0QK2uSubVcAXnXG0waHY94Eg%40mail.gmail.com.