Thanks, never heard of Subqueries before! It's time to upgrade to Django
1.11 I guess.

Performance-wise, do you know if it's any different than running over my
Adult objects and for each one of them running a separate query looking for
their oldest son & daughter? Or is it the same and it just looks better?

Thanks again.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/b3a4222d-622b-4399-a704-8d9961d23c36%40googlegroups.com.