On Nov 16, 4:42 pm, Ivan Sagalaev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 publishing systems there is a very
> general thing that is called 'object-relational impedance mismatch'[1].
[...]
> Django, by design, doesn't try to hide a database structure from a user.
> So designing a Django models around pure object oriented concepts is
> really asking for more work than it should take.

Sure., but hierarchically organized data is encountered in a thousand
places and more, and I need to think about a model and user interface
to make it work.

I got a rough idea of a content model and I am also willing to take the
route requiring the hard work, when the result will be good. Django
just looks like the most promising platform right now and I am very
eager to understand the inner workings, which serve as the tools for
getting the model to work.

At the moment I just find it very hard to really understand all the
facets of Django, which got documentation in several places or just the
source, GenericRelations et al., respectively. It's very hard to deduce
the concept from the implementation, I guess you get my point. The
documentation which is there is really good, btw.

I experience the learning curve being a little steep (much like my
first prototypes of stuff on Zope, several years ago), so I am really
eager to find good "brain food" (along the lines of djangobook.com, or
the many many blog articles scattered around the world).

Got any pointers to concepts and examples for me that go a bit beyond
"a blog in 1 hour" or "a todo list in 30 minutes"?

Regards,
/k