my problem is very similar with:
http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_frm/thread/43b3e6d2d0a691d/f2e05622f3aef6bb?lnk=gst&q=__main__+models&rnum=2#f2e05622f3aef6bb

but there i don't think someone had solved that question. so I just
make that question simple. I have set environment vars of PYTHONPATH
and DJANGO_SETTING_MODULE ( i am using windowsXP), and write a simple
app as:

from django.db import models

class Friend(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField(maxlength=79)

def names():
    for friend in Friend.objects.all():
        print friend.name
if '__main__'==__name__:
    names()

when running, there's error as:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:/loc/loc/test.py", line 3, in ?
    class Friend(models.Model):
  File
"D:\Python24\lib\site-packages\django-0.95-py2.4.egg\django\db\models\base.py",
line 44, in __new__
    new_class._meta.app_label = model_module.__name__.split('.')[-2]
IndexError: list index out of range

how to solve this problem? thanks.

btw, after i post here, it always takes 1 to 2 days for me to see my
post...so if u can't see my feedback, plz wait for some time. ;((