I am currently doing the tutorial and I'm writing views.

I wrote my index.html file and updated the view to use a loader and add the
extra code that they provided. It tells me next to load
127.0.0.1:8000/polls and I should see a bulleted list containing the "whats
up" question but my page is blank.

Also when I point my browser towards the http://127.0.0.1:8000/, it gives
me the following error.

Page not found (404)
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://127.0.0.1:8000/

Using the URLconf defined in mysite.urls, Django tried these URL patterns,
in this order:

   1. ^polls/
   2. ^admin/

The empty path didn't match any of these.

So I checked the code for mysite.urls.

from django.conf.urls import url, include

from django.contrib import admin

urlpatterns = [

    url(r'^polls/', include('polls.urls')),

    url(r'^admin/', admin.site.urls),

]

I ran the following command and got no issues.
$python manage.py check

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/c7383a02-dd7f-407d-9ea0-297e8ca85c4b%40googlegroups.com.